Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You're Outta There!

Ever watch your favorite basketball team play alot?....I'm sure you do...so you should know your players pretty well...so lets say your team is healthy and the coach puts out a player in a non blowout situation...and you shout out "Why is he in the game!?....he doesnt do anything!"...well..for me since I watch any team playing..I say that alot..so that prompted me to create this...its my list of players that I've actually watched who should be out of NBA arenas all together..they should be in the D-League or at the Y...either due to a lack in skill level or age:
Mario West(Hawks)-Skill
Othella Harrington(Bobcats)-Age
Derek Anderson(Bobcats)-Age
Adrian Griffin(Bulls)-Age
Viktor Khryapa(Bulls)-Skill
Eric Snow(Cavs)-Age
Ira Newbie(Cavs)-Skill
Donyell Marshall(Cavs)-Age
Juwan Howard(Mavs)-Age
Jose Juan Barea(Mavs)-Skill
Von Wafer(Nuggets)-Skill
Patrick O'Bryant(Warriors)-Skill
Troy Hudson(Warriors)-Age
Stephen Graham(Pacers)-Skill
Aaron Williams(Clippers)-Both lol
Quinton Ross(Clippers)-Skill
Josh Powell(Clippers)-Skill
Darko Milicic(Grizzlies)-Skill
Smush Parker(Heat)-Skill
Michael Ruffin(Bucks)-Both
Mark Madsen(T'Wolves)-Skill
Michael Doleac(T'Wolves)-Age
Malik Allen(Nets)-Age
Jason Collins(Nets)-Skill
Ryan Bowen(Hornets)-Skill
Jerome James(Knicks)-Both
Brian Cook(Magic)-Skill
Kevin Ollie(Sixers)-Age
Calvin Booth(Sixers)-Both
Tauren Green(Blazers)-Skill
Justin Williams(Kings)-Skill
Darrick Martin(Raptors)-Age
Ronnie Price(Jazz)-Skill

I think the hardest selection for me was the omission of Kwame Brown(Lakers)..his lack of skill has been WELL documented since he's been in the league..but despite all of his negative attributes(Terrible hands,always hurt,lack of post moves) I still think he could be better somewhere down the line...but he was the closest of in or out.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Only glaring problems I have are Patrick O'Bryant (jury still out for me), Darko (obv) and Quentin Ross...he should be nowhere near this list

S said...

Harsh list.

Thank you for sparing Kwame. He needs your support.

As for the rest, I was constantly like "who???" but I agree with Smush and I think Eric Snow still has enough skill to overcome his age.