Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Where 4.8 Seconds Feel Like A Minute Happens

I'm not quite sure how when the clock freezes/stopped...how does that shot count?....I mean I semi understand that the refs couldnt use the replay,which is dumb within itself..what is the point again of having instant replay if you cant use it for things that refs are dumbfounded on?..like they weren trying to guess how long 4.8 is...you cant count that!...I think the rules should be outlined,but at the same time..dont have rules in place that it restricts common sense...with that said...I feel Detroit will still win the series despite its overconfident attitude..

Speaking of which....I think San Antonio has a real issue...the 1st game I thought Duncan had an off game,but having 3 rebounds is a real issue..but the 2nd game the Spurs couldnt buy an outside shot..and they had alot of them..I dont know if they will miss that many shots again..but then again...they are on the ropes...and Chris Paul isnt getting any slower..in which they dont have an answer for...and Tony Parker is unable to shoot the midrange jumpers that he is given......add in that the Spurs have never come back from an 0-2...I think the writing is on the wall...

So horse racing is the new hot button topic now huh?..I've never liked it..seemed stupid to me..one of those "southern traditions"...blah..I personally would like to get rid of it...I mean they can die,as we've seen..but since its such a biiiiiig money maker...I doubt it's going anywhere...

Is there a way I can see baseball on ESPN that doesnt involve the Yankees,Mets,Red Sox,Tigers or Cardinals?...no?...okay..just thought I'd ask

I saw a mention of who was worse pitcher....Mike Hampton or Barry Zito...heres how I weigh in..
Both contracts are just terrible..involving hundreds of millions of dollars...but I see it as giving money to another person...or just dropping money on the ground....both arent good at this point..but atleast when you hand it to someone..you have a face as a point of reference...dropping it has no face...most people forgot who Hampton was or even the year he had prior to "warrant" that kind of money...

Oh yeah!....Zito pitched muuuuuch better tonight...I mean he got the loss..but when you get only one run support...you have a very very narrow margin of error...but he did strikeout 5 in 5 innings.

Pay attention to TNT's little stat overlays on specific players...I saw one last night when Lebron was at the line....it will say "Team Role"...then something..but Lebron's said The Savior....wow....hard to beat that huh?

Bye Bye Billy Knight...the Hawks GM is done in July..he's had alllllot of questionable moves..I'll save that rant for http://bradsportsfix.blogspot.com and the move I will ever criticize him for is having a decent amount of small forwards..not having a point guard...passing on Deron Williams...and Chris Paul to take small forward Marvin Williams...just wow..lol...well..that should means Mike Woodson should be getting the boot as well..one can only hope.

2 comments:

S said...

The refs were in a tough spot. They were extremely generous in saying all that only took 4.6 seconds. People can say the change in momentum cost Orlando the game after that malfunction, but really, if something in the third quarter jacks you up for the entire fourth quarter of a playoff game...you need help anyway.

Brad said...

no you may not get non-commercialized baseball! lol....horse racing is a joke....and Zito's deal is worse b/c he didn't even have that great a year before they signed him, and Hampton's inability to pitch is injury-related which can't really be predicted after he won 20 games back-to-back years before signing the deal