Saturday, December 13, 2008

Recapped

There is alot to cover...lets see if I can try to do it all..

NBA trades...The Suns trade for Jason Richardson...ship out the unhappy Boris Diaw and Raja Bell to Charlotte..the Suns get the better part of the deal easily..he's explosive and can score alot of points..but it doesnt help me decide what this team is...are they trying to run again?...maybe?..how about shot distribution?..Amare was complaining before..now Jason will command some shots..they have questionmarks still...the Bobcats sidestep with this one...Raja is a decent defender on the wing...but they have a semi logjam with DJ Augustin,Ray Felton,Sean Singletary and Raja Bell..I really think that Ray is the odd guy out here..I expect a few more moves on this roster..

On a point guard shuffle...New Orleans gets Antonio Daniels...Washington gets Javaris Crittenton and Mike James and Memphis gets back a draft pick they traded away a few years back(stop laughing)...I think the real winner is Crittenton in all this..I think he's a good talent(6'5 pass 1st point guard) and Washington needs warm bodies until Gil gets back...Daniels is good for NO as well but he's a little over the hill..but he's better than Mike James..

76ers fire Mo Cheeks...another quick trigger I feel...the team was underachieving yes..I get that..but I dont know how any of these coaches could fix that..the roster is similar to what Phoenix is doing..run?..slow?...whos the guy?...but Mo wasnt the problem...he actually messed with the lineup last year(pre Brand) to get that team to overachieve and make the playoffs..raw deal.

Cowboys are the clear hyped non-story ever...TO is a malcontent..thats just what he is..he's always been that..he's had a well documented track record of messing up bad situations...so why would this be any different?....why is this breaking news?...

Why are the LA Clippers bad?...I still dont get it...

Bill Simmons had a really really good podcast interviewing NBA commissioner David Stern..he talked about alot of little things..but he did get pressed for hard questions..2 things that I noted was regarding Seattle and Vancouver...he said that Seattle would be given another chance to get another team..but its not forseen to be via expansion..so basically another team would be pressed to move..which I dont like..another was him saying that the NBA messed up the situation in Vancouver(the now Memphis Grizzlies) just interesting that he brought that up unprovoked...I would recommend you give it a listen

Yankees have allllllot of money to just pass around huh?....161 million to CC...80-something to AJ Burnett...I wont pile on with everyone else saying it was a bad move blah blah blah..but it was alot of money..thats clear..but with everyone saying they overpaid blah blah blah..if you had a zillion dollars....no salary cap..and glaring holes...wouldnt you do it?..I could understand in other sports how money effects what you can spend on other players..but...not in baseball..there isnt one..I would rather have a GM react to what their team needs and overpay rather than a GM penny pinch and do nothing...make moves to win..thats the goal right?..

No comments: