Monday, February 11, 2008

Here and There

I watched the Pro Bowl....did you?...didnt think so...this is what I took out of it
-Offensive lineman Matt Light(Patriots) still cant stop Osi Umenyiora(Giants)...he rushed right around him and stripped the ball from Derek Anderson(Browns)
-Matt Hasselbeck(Seahawks) throws a nice play action pass in the redzone...too bad you need a running back for that kind of thing during the season
-The combo of Fred Taylor(Jaguars),Willis McGahee(Ravens),Joseph Addai(Colts),Lorenzo Neal's(Chargers) carries=8....Adrian Peterson's total carries..16...lets not get into total yardage
-There was one punt in the game
-I dont know anymore who's better TJ Houshmandzadeh or Chad Johnson(Bengals)...I say Chad...but I feel less sure
-Joshua Cribbs(Browns) is a big threat like Devin Hester(Bears)...and has a catchy punchline(Joshua to the Cribb...tell me you didnt like that a little?)
-Antonio Cromartie(Chargers) has that knack of being around the ball to get interceptions..you cant measure or plan for that...scary
-Do you think Jeff Garcia(Bucs) high-fived Terrell Owens(Cowboys) after he hit him for the touchdown?...I mean...no hard feelings about calling you gay right?

In other interesting news

-I called the Washington/UCLA game..but no one can verify it..but I did list it as a game to watch here..so that gets me like half a point right?
-Clemson cant beat UNC...ever...under any condition
-Good to see Dorrell Wright has a pulse again...too bad you couldnt do it when you were given the starting job...take a seat beside Ricky Davis
-Who told Wade he could block shots?...in the 2nd half he was just throwing his body into everyone Kobe and Walton took hard shots..not needed?
-Speaking of Kobe..there was a play when he was guarding Wade one on one and Wade did everything he could to shake Kobe...Crossovers...pumpfakes..and Kobe didnt bite once...he shaded him left and had his hands straight up when he pumpfaked..eventually he travelled..man...that is defense everybody...anything else...well....isnt
-I'm glad to see Leon Powe get some burn and doing something with it...I thought at Cal he was going to be something...but with NBA coaches you never know...now if I can get Ike Diogu going...
-There was a sequence in the Cavs/Nuggets game in which I got sick of TV...Eric Snow having a free layup from the left side and misses the layup by only hitting the backboard on the left side!....and watching Ira Newble shoot from the corner and hitting the side of the backboard...in these cases I couldnt get mad at all if Lebron just came down and shot every time...like...every every time...no issue

1 comment:

Brad said...

I saw this kobe sequence and laughed aloud...this is the difference between him and everyone else on the perimeter....no discussion