Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Venturing Out

College basketball has fallin off the map for me...I think I can count on one hand how many games I've caught in recent weekends..Davidson/Kansas was the game that I watched heavily...Texas getting creamed wasnt a high priority..getting your bracket killed live wasnt something I wanted to be apart of....like I've said earlier, having 4 #1 seeds has its goods and bads...goods are mainly for the purists who feel that the field of 64(sorry 65) isnt always the "best 65" just the most recent teams on a hot streak...which sometimes is why alot of the upsets happen,yada,yada yada. But that upset appeal is what makes the tournament the best "post season" in sports(not football,because its the sport,not the setup that makes it really good)....what other post season can people who hadnt watched a game all year discuss with the junkies and tell them what they should know?...but anyways...who do you root for since its past midnight(small cinderella reference) for the underdogs?...the team who is most likely to lose?....so either Kansas or Memphis would be the choice,but tradition is valued in this country so UCLA and UNC would be the picks...I dont know

Someone needs to tell Kobe to chill out a little bit...every game that i've seen him play he's constantly bickering with the ref after he shoots layups or jumpers...like everytime...next game I will keep a running count of how many times he is either talking or looking at the ref in a non-nice way...he's no Rasheed(who has never fouled anyone,ever if you let him tell it) but leading the league in T's does get you a watered down version.

Wanted to mention this early....Stanford's Candice Wiggins had 41pts vs #1 seed Maryland the other night...she shot 10-22 from the field but it was surprisingly in the flow of the game...go figure

Oh yeah...you know you want to see the final 4 of Tennessee vs UConn,UNC vs LSU....you know you do..

I know the MLB season has started(awesome) but I'll give my rankings..not in the business of picking World Series yet

AL East
Red Sox
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles
Rays

NL East
Mets
Braves
Phillies
Nationals
Marlins

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
Twins
White Sox
Royals

NL Central
Cubs
Brewers
Cardinals
Astros
Reds
Pirates

AL West
Mariners
Angels
A's
Rangers

NL West
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants

that wasnt so hard....(hint sarcastic tone)

Can anyone watch the Miami Heat play and name 4 or more players that are playing right now?...I cant

TJ Ford is steadily finding his way out of Toronto....Jose gave up his starting spot for the "good of the team"...it may be for the best....

Its cool that everyone is dancing in the streets about Isiah being replaced by Pacer GM Donnie Walsh...but...there are alot other GMs out there that need replacing...but I'll make that list for another time..

1 comment:

Brad said...

I can name 4 Heat players...but I'm a freak