Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Week In

As it stands now..I have 9 of 16 teams left in my bracket...terrible right?...I think so...mainly because Georgetown(who I had in the finals vs Texas) lost....to Davidson...well in defense to that pick..Stephen Curry is really good..really good..he's not big(6-2 is about it) but he's crafty and can shoot the lights of your favorite city at night..I should have known when he went 8-10 from 3 against Gonzaga and they werent good looks..like hand was in his face...so its not like he's getting those Raja Bell looks when he can tie his shoe then shoot...the kid(lol) is a force to be reckoned with

I dont have alot of insight in college basketball..especially because the tourney is basically a crapshoot...so I'll let the games when they start,speak for themselves...you should do the same.

NBA on the other hand..I can offer something...

Dallas has an issue...I feel they still WILL make the playoffs..despite having not beat a winning team since acquiring Jason Kidd...and despite losing Dirk for a unspecified amount of time because of his leg injury...I feel that they still have enough talent.......to still make the playoffs....Houston still is the team I feel will fall out,Denver in...speaking of which..why is Golden State still an 8 seed?...its just weird for a team as dangerous as the Warriors to be almost out of the race...and they were an 8 seed last year with Jason Richardson....odd to me I guess

Philly has taken the East by storm...okay...maybe not...but they are a force somehow...athletic wings....an actual point guard...capable center...seems like it could work,mean while Toronto has sputtered losing 8 of 10(they are .500...ew)...they really need it together to avoid Detroit who I dont think is a good matchup...the magic number(pun coming) is 6..which is the seed who plays..the Magic..I feel that is a better matchup,but again..the way Philly is playing...might be a little tough to lock up.

Sure didnt take long for Shaq to trash his old team....typical...there is a reoccurring trend...

I dont understand what Chad Johnson is doing..does he want out?...if so simply ask out...or be quiet

Hockey is irrelevant in the US...got that..but fighting is so overlooked...you'll never see a fight on CNN...basketball on the other hand....you see where I'm going with this...I hope..

This is the only way I'll remember Chris Webber..


to me that duo was Stockton/Malone 2.0..Nash and Amare before Nash and Amare..for all of his follies(the timeout thing,countless knee injuries) he still was a good player and an elite power forward in the late 90s and made basketball in Sacramento relevant again...

No comments: