Thursday, July 31, 2008

Me Being Me

The MLB trading deadline has come and gone(sorta)...there is isnt alot of big moves..but there were 2...

Manny finally got traded out of Boston....to the LA Dodgers no less...who is 54-53 and in 2nd place in the NL West...which should give them a shot in the arm offensively...even though there is no DH in the NL...so if Manny wants to rest his "bad knees" he'll have to do it on the bench and maybe pitch hit(Again..I need the DH in the NL..I need a petition)...anyways...of these 5 outfielders

-Juan Pierre
-Manny Ramirez
-Matt Kemp
-Andre Ethier
-Andrew Jones


I'd start Manny Ramirez in Left...Kemp in Center and Ethier in Rightfield...thats ideally for me....in any situation Jones has to be kept as far away from as possible only hitting .167(and dropping) with only 2 HRs..Pierre should be in the mix for both corner spots..which is a solid option because of his speed(36 SBs)....no word on how LA will deal with their mediocre pitching staff thus far...just as a sidenote it was really nice talking about LA...

Boston didnt get shafted by giving Manny away...Jason Bay is a pretty good player(22 HR,64 RBI hitting .282) but he's no Manny...but he will fill in nicely defensively where Manny wasnt so..well he sucked out loud to put it frankl..but yeah..Manny was a star of that team(along with David Ortiz) but he wanted out...bad..more than the previous years.But that just goes to show you that anyone can be traded..no matter how loveable or eccentric they are...can you hear me Gilbert?

Ken Griffey Jr heads slightly over from Cincinnati(Reds) to Chicago(White Sox)...it gives them another solid player that can play the outfield.I'm not sure how he'll help defensively..but he should help keep the White Sox fending off the Twins in the Central.

By Anaheim getting 1B-man Teixeria from Atlanta...um...I'd start looking for Anaheim to be in the World Series...

NBA news...

Rockets trade for Ron Artest....um..I'm less enthused about this trade than other people..Yao and Tracy were having issues playing together mainly because well..both of those guys get hurt alot..and they were having the issue of whos the #1 option..now they bring in another quality player who wants shots as well....I'm leery until I see it

I care about these things so you will see them....visuals..



Um the Sacramento jersey is an upgrade...nothing too serious...but I think Minnesota took a step back..too WNBA-ish too me..just wait until you see the sides...

No comments: