Monday, November 3, 2008

Around The Sports

Here's what I've been noticing around the league...

Stephon Marbury doesnt play...again..and has been put on the inactive list.I think I may be the only one who'll say this..but he's getting a bum rap here.Its one thing for him to be acting like he did last year and past years where he's not getting along with teammates or coach..he's good at that..and I cant defend any of those situations..I'm talking about the now..here and now..he went through training camps..no issues with anyone..he played in the preseason..no problems...thought he should start,was told he wasnt going to start...accepted it and no problems..all that just to be inactive?...and they're losing?...come on...thats not acceptable.I think this is another situation where people dont like the player(ie Barry Bonds,A-Rod,TO,etc) where it clouds people's perception of a bad situation and I think that is wrong.He may not able to be traded(21 mil this year will do that) but I think if you dont want him around you get rid of him by cutting him...having him sit and do nothing for $21 mil is reasonably worse than him playing it out..and NOW New York is penny pitching?....gimme a break.

So how long before ESPN starts to criticize Brett Favre for his lackluster play?....He's throwing interceptions like its nobodies business and they've sputtered because of it..but nah he's still a gunslinger who is just having fun...remember what I said about perception?

The Oakland Raiders are reallllly bad..like turn away from the highlights bad..if you cant watch the highlights of their games..ew

Baron Davis is injured and out...did you win the office pool?

I've been hearing more Allen Iverson trade rumors now than I did when he was in Philly..I think he's gone sometime this year...but where?

No comments: