Monday, November 10, 2008

Miffed

Um...well I'll be honest with you...there are quite a few things I dont know about...I watch sports..I see everything thats going on..it processes...but I dont know...

I watched Detroit take on Boston last night...alot of things going there..KG vs Sheed..Tayshaun vs Paul..Ray vs Rip..and oh yeah..the meshing process of the shipping out of Billups and in the incoming of Allen Iverson...big stuff..well...the game was a trainwreck..the Pistons individually looked okay...Rip didnt look good at all...but it just made the point of me questioning the move still...on paper it seemed like an upgrade offensively...but the actual execution of it all didnt look good..I think Rip will suffer the most because his shots will have to change a bit with a more of a scoring lead guard..it can only get better because it couldnt get any worse.

This is how I'll explain what i've seen in the NFL..

Most Surprised with(Good)
-Matt Ryan/Atlanta Falcons-Come on...he's playing better than any other QB I've seen at the rookie level..had to be here
-Tennessee Titans-The defense had always been good,but the pass offense has been actually decent..and thats all they need
-Washington Redskins-Finally it seems that everything is coming together for them..oddly enough it would be for a 1st time coach in Jim Zorn..
-Baltimore Ravens-The defense has always been great..it still is...but another rookie QB Joe Flacco has been showing everyone why he was taken where he was taken..its amazing what a good QB can do to a team...ask the Dolphins

Most Surprising(Bad)
-Seattle Seahawks-Offense has been bad due to injuries...but the defense has been bad because of...I dont know...everyone figured to have them 1st or 2nd in the division at this point..not at 2-6
-San Diego Chargers-Other than Shawne Merriman being out..this is the same team...but yet they've been mediocre..like edging out Kansas City mediocre..if it wasnt for their division they wouldnt sniff the playoffs
-Dallas Cowboys-Another talent filled team like San Diego..and the same results...just more hype behind them...I could reasonably see them not making the playoffs and you would think the world was ending..stop.
-Oakland Raiders-I figured they wouldnt be good...I get that..but all the off the field stuff..cutting DeAngelo Hall...firing their coach...Al Davis..just a mess of an organization..to another level.


San Francisco's Tim Lincecum is your NL Cy Young...I'm so happy...the kid had a great year for a team that didnt even make the playoffs...which is different for baseball because your team can affect your record...he still outplayed Johan Santana and Brandon Webb...I'm glad..and I feel he'll have more.

No comments: