Friday, January 8, 2010

NFL Stuff

The NFL playoffs will be starting later today and I'll give you a few thoughts on how I think things will shake out.

Jets vs Bengals
This is the game that has too much working against it.The Jets have the defense and the running game to dominate,but the rookie QB Sanchez is just that....a rookie...and that will work against any team.If they can keep him handing the ball off instead of throwing it deep,it has to increase their chances.
The Bengals have decades and decades of history working against them..they hadn't been to the playoffs since 2005(Palmer knee injury) and hadn't won a playoff game since 1990...yikes..but they have top 10 QB in Carson Palmer,a hard running back in Cedric Benson and an elite(and comical) receiver in Chad Ocho Cinco. I think the run defense could be a bit better but I don't think the Jets will mind but ultimate I think that the Bengals pull it out..

Eagles vs Cowboys
This one will be a tough one..any time division rivals play each other it will get messy, but these teams played last week and the Cowboys smashed them 24-0.I really feel that the Eagles will make the proper adjustments to slow the Cowboys offense down but I think that the lack of running game will hurt more than any pass by Tony Romo.I will take the Eagles but theres a real chance for the Cowboys to win.

Ravens vs Patriots
I like this matchup alot..Tom Brady and Randy Moss vs the Ravens D...while it sounds sexy,the defense for the Ravens hasn't been the memories that we all attach to them. But Joe Flacco is no pushover and the Pats defense hasn't been anything to write about so the game could be closer than most would think.And I think that the loss of Wes Welker will hurt..Tom Brady has had years of spreading the ball around and it wouldn't be much different than that.Pats over Ravens

Packers vs Cardinals
This is the other good matchup..both have potent offenses and active,aggressive defenses.If Anquan Bolden plays I feel that this will give the Cards the edge in the offensive category and I think the key for the Packers is keeping the penalties to a minimum..throughout the year they've shot themselves in the foot in big spots..I will take the Cards

No comments: