Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick Coaching Hits

I'll start with the random one with USC..

Lane Kiffin bounces from Tennessee after one 7-6 season..random..but not really that random..only out of the blue because no one thought he was on the list to leave..again after one season. But he was under Pete Carroll for around 5-6yrs so he's familiar with the school..he's also been a questionable guy..he has Tennessee under alot of NCAA violations and oddly enough..the whole Al Davis thing in Oakland was weird but still..an alright coach overall though.He also somehow lured the offensive coordinator Norm Chow from UCLA(who was at USC prior..big rivalry eh?) back to USC..Kiffin can't stop pissing people off lol.

The man that Kiffin is replacing has gone to the NFL..the team being my Seattle Seahawks and the coach is Pete Carroll.I like the move personally..Jim Mora was not the answer(ahem..like I knew all along,but I digress) and I think trying something new is always appreciated rather than running the tread off of the same NFL coaches again and again. For Pete I really feel that if he was going to leave it would have to be a west coast city and the run at USC was kinda closing faster than he would've like to.Regardless he had a wonderful run with USC and I think he'll be okay in the pros..he won't be a savior of a franchise..if so not right away..but with anyone coming in you need consistency and patience.

No comments: