Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Mad-less

This is the week where everyone is an expert...everyone knows something that the world doesnt so they have the edge on everyone else...I'm not saying I do...but I'm saying that I know what I think/feel is right..and thats all I can account for...

Here are the matchups I struggle with in the 2nd rd:
Clemson/Vandy(Clemson)
Drake/UConn(Drake)
Butler/Tennessee(Tennessee)
Purdue/Xavier(Purdue)

Teams I feel will go further than most think
Washington State(Grit will get you far,and they have their own tempo)
Kansas(lol,elite 8 is far)
Arizona(my fandom is behind it,but I like the matchup vs Duke,but I dont vs West Va)
Purdue(See Washington State)
Pitt(see Purdue)

Matchups I struggle with in the sweet 16
UNC/Washington St(Went with Wazzu)
Kansas/Clemson(Kansas)
Stanford/Texas(Texas,very hard to pick guard play over post play)

My Final Four
Washington State
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA

Basically for me whoever wins between the Texas/UCLA game will win it for me....I cant get over the fact that Texas beat UCLA in LA earlier this year,even though it was by a super slim margin.Plus you never know with the recent injuries UCLA has had with Love and Mbah a Moute

I am fully prepared for Washington State to let me down..fully..but there isnt anyone else I like in that region at all..sad really...but regardless I'm going with Georgetown to play Texas in the finals..in which I pick.....

Texas to win...

I think when you have a great point guard like Augustine...you have a good shot for anything...am I on top of rooftops screaming like I did a few years back?....nah...I'm not into it like my contemporary's are...but I'm eager to see how it plays out...

In the NBA....

Nuggets/Sonics is the reason they need to bring back the handcheck...putting up 168 points is out of control...but when star players can potentially get to the free throw line 20+ times in one game....something is up...when Lebron averages 30...everyone is like wow...but when Jordan or some other great player did it in the 90s...they earned it.Defense is already hard enough with all the offensive moves they could hit you with..but add that with you cant really touch them and the offensive player looking and drawing contact with you...there isnt really anything you can do...back in the 90s and before..players like Steve Nash would be isolated almost the entire game because of their liability on defense..

Dont listen to anything Jeff Van Gundy says...anything

Why do the Celtics have PJ Brown?....doesnt Leon Powe and Glen Davis fill the void at the forward spots fine?...or is he the center?....

No comments: