Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where West Coast Biases Happens...

-Just for the record...of the 43,000+ voters...the people of america have decided that the ACC (41%) is the best college basketball conference this year...followed by the Big East(30%) and then the Pac-10(20%)...this is why I talk sports with less than 5 people on this earth...ESPN doesnt do much to curb that notion though..Big Mondays and Wednesday or whatever the heck they are calling it now are dedicated to those 2 leagues while the Pac-10 is stuck on FSN-Not Your Region...I think I did see more Pac-10 games on ESPN this year than the last 5 years...and while I'm thankful for those 3 games that were on...for the "World Wide Network" that is ESPN I'm going to need not exactly balance(because ESPN is an east coast network aka never going to happen) but atleast more credit...atleast some of the experts are quick to tell people what is up

-Just to add to that..the Pac-10 Conference Tourney is tonight(at 9pm) and I recently came across this tidbit
" 42 scouts representing 26 of the 30 NBA teams are expected to be on hand. 'The Pac-10 this year is deep and rich in talent,' Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. Jerry Reynolds, director of player personnel for the Sacramento Kings, didn't hesitate to assess it. 'The Pac-10 in my opinion is stronger than any league in the country, and most people, I think, agree,' he said."

Arent you glad your team doesnt vote on SportsNation?....or do they?

-When did we give individual NBA players a blogging day?..yesterday was Kobe Blogging day....missed that memo..I wouldnt even know what to say for a player that I routinely give credit and blame to..he's a polarizing player personally...but what is undeniable is the fact he would take your heart in a basketball game if he wanted to..

-This is the fastest I've ever seen anyone move in an NBA Arena...with good reason


-Heres something else I read about the Suns/Spurs game held Sunday...not so much about the game..more about the jerseys..if there is a spanish word for Sun...and spur...why use los?..understood in a convo...but on the jersey?



-Of actual game notes...I realize that TJ Ford may be hurting the Toronto Raptors more than helping..or a mix of both...he's a better scorer than Calderon..faster..but in terms of actually involving other players consistently..Jose has the advantage..I thought it was an isolated incident when the I watched the Raptors/Magic game...when late in the 4th,TJ literally came down and was given a pick by Rasho...he took the pick..and shot a jumper....he did that 5 times in a row..he made like 3 of them..but the game was too close for jumpers by a smallish point guard at the time...granted Bosh didnt play and Bargnani was having one of those I dont want to be aggressive games...so someone had to shoot....I just fear TJ may not be happy with his role right now and will continue to force

-Go watch Conference Tournaments...as many as you came...here are my predictions
ACC-UNC
Big East-Pitt
SEC-eh...Kentucky
Pac-10-Stanford
Big 12-Kansas
Big 10-Purdue

1 comment:

Brad said...

No question the raptors are better when calderon is playing 35-38 minutes instead of 27-30....Shaq's a large man....We can't even pick the Big 10?