Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where.....Gatorade Baths Happen?

Well..I hope you enjoyed the NBA season....its over people...I'm not really sure if I'll miss the season...maybe from a boredom standpoint...it was something to do....but as of right now...I'll be fine...

Congrats to the Boston Celtics...from the 1st round being pushed by the Hawks(when the bandwagon was very light) to busting down the Lake Show by almost 40 to close it out...

Speaking of which..I was pretty disappointed in the series really...the first 2 games you could chalk up to the Boston homecourt advantage....cool...you thought...once they got to LA...the Lakers that beat the Nuggets,Jazz and Spurs pretty convincingly...sqeaker...I wasnt convinced...well game 4 was the convincing...kinda..well the 1st half was...but in the back of my head I said to myself "well..let me see where this goes..being down 20"...and look....they came back..and its hard to lose up by so many points..when you are down 2-1 already...so..yeah game 5..just a formality really...not too many people thought they could beat Boston in Boston

Cleveland couldnt
Detroit did once
Atlanta couldnt

1 loss isnt going to convince anyone..especially when people like Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol are your 3rd and 2nd options for scoring...

Quick! who had a good series for LA?..

Kobe would be the 1st answer(if you did answer)...well lets look

25.7 pts 4.7 rebs 5 asts seems cool right?...40.7% from the field...theres my red flag there...he only went to the line more than 10x once..and for a star player not to get to the line like that..real defense is taking place here...and 25 is a nice average..but when Pau Gasol is your 2nd option and he doesnt put up 20 in any game...you need Kobe to score more...but...that didnt happen....

And while Andrew Bynum didnt play...and he'll be back next year...he isnt their pressing need...I mean they need him..but they need hearts for Odom and Pau...they werent aggressive enough....at all...it was more frustrating that Rondo being under the basket uncontested and dishes it out...

One good thing did come of the finals....all the Kobe/Jordan comparisons can subside..for now...the NBA is the only sport that pushes the past players on the current overly...its not fair..because he'll never live up to it...never...not from a stat standpoint..just a memory standpoint...you cant compete...so stop it already.

On ESPN a poll of 82,168 people...76% of them believe that the NBA fixed games....wow...

Shaun Livingston of the Clippers is resuming basketball playing after having is leg broken in a game a year or so ago..good for him..I really like his game,I need him to get back to where he was before...and if not...atleast keep him playing basketball

I couldnt be less interested in golf...I know alot of people dont come out and say it...but I am...I dont care...I dont care about Tiger like that...do I think he's really good?...sure...but all the conversation to me about him...I just want to look at them vacantly and say.."sorry..dont really care like that..you brought it up"....Golf to me is like Soccer to the average american...maybe less.

In baseball I dont think there is a less of a real job than a manager..I mean in with pitching substitutions are important...very...but for Willie Randolph to be fired from the Mets...what could he have done?....sign all those players to ridiculous contracts?...not put his closer out there in a closing situation?....when is it okay for a closer to blow 3 saves in a row...and blame the manager?....what do you do?...pitching isnt your strength as a team..and dont have alot of options..you gotta show faith...

1 comment:

Brad said...

There are about 3x the people in the US that watch and follow golf regularly than that follow soccer....the only reason soccer is even close is because of youth soccer leagues...but that doesn't mean they watch it....and couldn't agree more on Kobe