Monday, August 11, 2008

Cleaning Up

Just a few thoughts on things early in the week..

-I think I'm one of the few people who believe Lebron or Kobe could take the "hypothetical" $50 million a year to go to a European league team...my question would be this..are you crazy enough to take $50 million for one year in another country?...and its not some bull $50 after taxes..Josh Childress got the full amount he signed for because that team paid the taxes for him..I think I am that crazy...and I think they are too...I think people are still in the mid-90s mindset of NBA or day job...with the D-League and countless basketball teams worldwide,not being drafted isnt the end of the world..I mean yeah thats the dream for kids(see?..mindset..thats all they could watch when we grew up) but its also about the love of the game and feeding your kids..in which can take you all over the world..not saying that Kobe or Lebron are pulling a Latrell Sprewell or anything like that,but at the same time Kobe has won 3 rings..and is as of this second a Hall of Famer..so...who cares what he does with the rest of his career?...I believe there are Euros in the Hall of Fame who have never played in the NBA..its the basketball hall..not the NBA hall...so I dont buy into every columnist on TV who bashes the idea just because its the NBA..if the players have changed from the 80s and 90s like everyone says they have...you may want to just pay attention to how much money.

-Reds outfielder Adam Dunn was traded to Arizona for 3 prospects...good trade I feel...nice way to sidestep the whole sign Barry Bonds ordeal..but yeah..good trade he gives them a shot in the arm for offense which was why they got bounced last year..lack of offense..sadly it came a few days after 2nd baseman Orlando Hudson got the news that his broken wrist will keep him out for the year..add him with outfielders Justin Upton(out since July 9th) and Eric Byrnes(out since July 1st) they need all the help they can get.The race between them and the Dodgers for the West.

-Byron Leftwich got the nod for the Steelers as the backup QB(which dashes Oregon's own Dennis Dixon)..which surprises me because I think he's a decent QB..but just has a few..um..knocks against him..like his long throwing motion..or his zero mobility...or because of those 2 reasons I just named he takes alot of hits and as a result is a bit injury prone..hm..maybe I answered my own question..but I do like his leadership ability as well as his cannon arm..maybe the goods can outweigh the bads for Pittsburgh should something happen to Big Ben.

-Seahawks WR Bobby Engram is out for 6-8 weeks with a cracked shoulder..uh oh..well..let me just say as a fan..yes..Seattle still has a football team..no they didnt move that team to Oklahoma City...okay..now that I got that out of the way...I'm worried now..Deion Branch is already out for who knows how long with his ACL tear in the playoff game last year..so..now..we're down to Nate Burleson as our "experienced" receiver...and the rest?...

Ben Obomanu
Courtney Taylor
Jordan Kent
Logan Payne

And those 4 people only have 17 catches between them...and only Obomanu and Taylor have all of them..Matt Hasselbeck will have to do his best impression of Donovan McNabb(on field,not get hurt) for any kind of success on the season.

My only Olympics reference will be this...so...the Spain team..had a photoshoot,you know of the whole team..and its in China this time around..so I'll just show you the photo


Want to explain that?...they arent pointing to their temples..they are making their eyes slanted..as narrowed-eyed person..not cool..not cool..

What to watch

-Bengals at Packers 8pm-...come on...tell me you arent interested even a little about who is replacing Brett Favre....come on..Chad Johnson will be involved a little bit..I'm sold...but just make sure you have your TV near mute to escape the Chad is a cancer and all the Brett Favre references...

-Phillies at Dodgers 10pm..Manny is being Manny out in La-La land now..and is swinging a hot bat..Ryan Howard,Chase Utley and Jimmy Rollins are involved..so I'd pay attention

Honestly these are only time killers until around midnight where I can go pick up Madden 2009...

1 comment:

S said...

I thought Childress was still deciding?

And yeah, that Spanish photo is whoa...