Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What If My Name Was A Number?

Oddly enough a few more things have popped up for me to speak about..

Basketball 1st....

Andre Iguodala finally got what he wanted...6yr 80mil from Philly....overpaid?....oh yeah..for now..his career is at a bit of a crossroad...yeah..he averaged just under 20 per game(19.9) throw in about 5 rebounds and 5 assists we have a pretty good player....right?....yeah..but...Philly...well..doesnt have a perimeter go to guy..Brand will be the guy getting 20 and 10 every night..but if you are down in the shot clock..or to take the final shot...is Iggy that guy?...so far?....no...even in college he could be as great as he wanted to be,but scoring was never something he cared to do..even with other talented players who would defer to him...he would defer even more..getting 10 assists..but only taking 7 shots..and making like 5 of them..he has a team concept..but they need you to be the top 1 or 2 options every night..not 4th or 5th..and hes done both...he might be the new Joe Johnson..in career and in playing style.

-Cavs get Mo Williams
-Oklahoma whoevers get Joe Smith,Desmond Mason and Adrian Griffin
-Bucks get Luke Ridnour and Damon Jones

Well..um..I'll cut it like it is..pretty mediocre on all parts...in theory the Cavs get the "point guard" they've been looking for(?)...he averaged 17 and 6 last year..but gets injured a bit too much for me...but definitely underrated..but not a savior for that team at all...mainly because who knows how he'll play with Lebron..my guess is that he'll be the main leader of the "Throw the ball into Lebron and stand around" fanclub..he'll rack up assists...

Oklahoma is just racking up dead-weight contracts..to clear salary...for who?..no idea..I cant think of a soul who would go out there to live and play...sorry

The Bucks get Luke Ridnour..who I thought got a bum-rap in Seattle the last couple of years..regardless he's atleast a decent point guard who can pass the ball(and with Michael Redd,Andrew Bogut and Richard Jefferson,helps alot) doesnt turn over the ball..but sadly I can see how this ends...the bull-headed defensive coach Scott Skiles will bench the better point guard of Ridnour in favor of the aging,yet "defensive" player in Tyronn Lue..and their play will falter...quote me on that...I'm willing to put all the money in my wallet right now on the line that the Bucks had no idea they traded for Damon Jones as well...all of it..

Since I live in this city for the time being..the Atlanta Hawks are just god awful..theres nothing around it..everything about them is bad..I guess Joe Johnson and Al Horford are the other things..but the management...the fans..everything else is bad...heres what they've done this summer:
-Lost 6th man Josh Childress to Greece for nothing
-Re-signed coach Mike Woodson
-Re-signed Josh Smith for 58 mil for 5 yrs(matched offer from Memphis,who also dislikes Woodson)
-Signed Maurice Evans
-Signed Flip Murray
-Signed Thomas Gardner
-Signed Othello Hunter

Its never been so apparent of a management team being so incompetent in every aspect...you would think since making the playoffs last year(with a below .500 record as an 8th seed mind you) they would make some kind of effort to build off of for the next year...right?..nah...lets take
multiple steps backwards..I really wished I lived in another city so this team would fade into a oblivion like some west coast teams do out here..just so I dont have to see them fail as much as I do.

Moving off basketball...

Cincinnati Bengals WR is looking into changing his name..well his last name..to "Ocho Cinco"(which is 85 for the non-spanish speaking community) Remember this?

Funny right?...I thought so..if he does this he will have topped any celebration ever...for anything sports related...Chad is awesome.

It will be interesting to see if the Tampa Rays can stay afloat in the AL East without Carl Crawford(6-8 weeks) and Evan Longoria(15-day DL)..I think I'm one of the few people who isnt on the Tampa bangwagon..I thought I would be refreshed by a new team in the post season hunt..eh..not really..I wont be rooting for them if/when they make it in..

2 comments:

Brad said...

Good god....that was full-scale...I'm proud of you lol....I forgot about that Flip Murray signing...hide the women and children....I'd rather have Salim for sure lol

S said...

ew. that atlanta team is not sounding pretty.

and ok city or whatever they're called is looking pretty lame too....

i need someone to breakdown the josh childress situation....like how a player, under contract, can just peace out like that...?