Friday, August 22, 2008

Where Winning Does Matter?


I'll lead with baseball..

Tampa Bay Rays?...yeah you know them right?...top 2 record in baseball(with Anaheim) but here is something I was looking at when I was watching the game vs the Halos earlier in the week....

alot of empty seats...

Hmm..upon researched...they average a bit over 21,000 for their home games..seems like alot right?....nah..not really..its only26th out of 30 teams...um..thats not good...I know what you're saying...

"Its a small market"

Yeah..it is..but other "small" markets are pulling more than them...Anaheim..Cleveland...San Diego..Minnesota..Cincinnati..all pulling more than Tampa...and you know what the difference is?...except for Minnesota and Anaheim..all of those teams are at the bottom of the league in wins and losses....so...does winning matter?...

Shifting topics to football

You know when I was bashing the Niners QB JT O'Sullivan last post?....yeah...well I got a good chance to see him Thursday night against the Chicago Bears..and well...he looked really good..he was making really good throws and looked composed..I was impressed...and when Alex Smith came in..looked decent..but not good enough to pry away what JT had done earlier in the game...sorry Alex..you're out of a job...

A bit of college football news that relates to me...Cal named sophomore Kevin Riley the starter over senior Nate Longshore...I figured the senior would get the nod over the underclassman considering he had the advantage statistically...but Riley played really well in the bowl game(269 yds 3tds)...we'll see how long that lasts

Moving to the League..

Denver re-signs JR Smith...no idea why it took this long..nor why no one else seemed interested...I mean yeah he's a bit immature..he's 22..his defense and shot selection are a bit shaky..but when he gets it going he can shoot the lights out..Denver will need him to be waaay more consistent since defense wont be an option next year.

Boston signs Darius Miles...I heard he was having impressive workouts for other teams...I know there is one person is hoping it doesnt work out...the Portland GM...there is a clause for Miles saying if he doesnt play this coming year Portland would get a $27 million relief against their salary cap....well...ouch if that happens..anyways if Miles is anything like he was before he'll do alot of things for Boston...defend..he's long and may have focus since his role model was KG growing up...he can score around the basket really well so any help in that department can help Boston...basically its a low risk,high reward deal for Boston.

*Uni Watch*


New Orleans is trying to stick it to the city of Charlotte...remember these?
Lol...its like they wanted to use the same jersey...thumbs down on this one

One that was debuted here earlier..heres the full version

Hmm...I was downing these early on...WNBA-ish is the term I used...I think I may take it back...well..the lettering is still WNBA=ish..but the short design is interesting..

No comments: