Monday, September 1, 2008

NFL Preview(AFC East)

AFC East

1-Patriots(13-3)
How do you reward a team who goes almost undefeated last year?...give them the easiest schedule..this schedule challenges them very lightly and add that to a easy conference...be prepared to make the debate of an undefeated schedule again this year.The offense changes very little..WR Stallworth out,RB Lamont Jordan in...they will still be explosive with the combo or Brady,Moss and Welker every week.One issue could be the RB situation..Maroney hasnt lived up to his billing thus far of being a solo back,nor being healthy the entire season.But if you line up Kevin Faulk and Jordan to spell Maroney,you still have a good solid running game.My issue for the defense is the secondary.Its not good.They just added Deltha O'Neal from the Bengals...and honestly I cant see anyone not being good enough to play defense for the Bengals making a real impact for anyone else.I would predict if anyone can throw deep on this team alot of shootouts.

2-Jets(10-6)
When looking at the roster I wasnt too impressed...Favre has weapons..but the defense is real iffy for me..but the schedule is overly easy...they play the NFC West this year so that can be atleast 3 wins off the bat lol.Like I said Favre has weapons,on the outside he has the duo of Jerricho Cotchery(who had the quiestest 1100+ yds last year) and Laveranues Coles who is really reliable as well.As long as Thomas Jones can provide what he did last year with yardage(1100+) but with more touchdowns(only had 1,not a misprint) it will be a solid,balanced offense.The defense I really dont know much about anymore.I know they werent very good last year..got rid of its best player in Jonathan Vilma(to NO) and...nothing stands out..so anything could happen defensively.

3-Bills(8-8)
I like this team...QB Trent Edwards was average last year but I think he can build off that for a better season this year.The big spot of the offense was Marshawn Lynch who had 1110 yards last year and 7 tds...look for him to add to that if Edwards gets his stuff together.The WR core is pretty weak other than Lee Evans.Its pretty easy to shut Evans out because he's a bigger deep threat than anything else,but there really isnt a 2nd receiver to help out when the double team come to Evans every game.This team is a big possesion receiver from pushing for a playoff spot to me.The defense seems to be more stout this year with the additions of Kawika Mitchell and Marcus Stroud.Both will seem to make impacts along with Angelo Crowell,Terrence McGee and a full season from Paul Posluszny.

4-Dolphins(5-11)
I'm kinda down on this team right now..they are in a transition year or years...so there isnt much to like on the defense anymore..I'll move on.Chad Pennington should add stability to the offense,as many jokes as I crack about Chad,he is overly accurate and should help the WRs alot...speaking of which the WRs arent good..the top 3 WRs

Ted Ginn Jr
Ernest Wilford
Derek Hagan

All have been described as WRs with questionable hands as of late..one of these guys is going to have to step up and become the main guy,my pick is Ginn..but I dont know why.The duo of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown is pretty nice to have,but the WRs are going to have to do their job so Chad can open things up..but with that said..5-11 is how I see it

No comments: