Thursday, September 4, 2008

NFL Preview(NFC North)

NFC North

Packers(10-6)

I had a tie here with the Vikings...I like Aaron Rodgers more than Tavaris Jackson..but just because I like him doesnt mean he'll do better than the other guy.I give the Packers the edge here because I like all parts of the offense...the defenses are very even,I like the skill positions...I think the WR core(Driver and Jennings) is more experienced and will help their QB more than Minnesota's core(Berrain and Rice).Running back Ryan Grant came on last year but I dont know if he is one of those guys who came out of no where because the bar was set low,or because he is the real deal.Regardless I feel that Aaron Rodgers will ease the faithful in Green Bay about Brett Farve...even if he doesnt,they still have a defense and decent running game to give them a chance much like the Bears did a few years ago with Rex Grossman.

Vikings(10-6)

The defense is there...the running game is very much there...the WRs are kinda there...the quarterback?....who knows...last year he was my pick for worst quarterback last year..They finished 8-8 last year and missed the playoffs..with the star Adrian Peterson running all over the place..it will be Tavaris Jackson who will be the most important player for them because it will be his play that will hold back or help Adrian Peterson by keeping those extra players out of the box.Anything else on this roster isnt really important other than Tavaris Jackson's TD/Int ratio.

Lions(5-11)
And the bad..its like the northern version of the Bengals...good QB(Jon Kitna),elite WRs(Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson)...uh..former runningback Rudi Johnson...no defense...i'll be honest with you there is only 2 players on this defense that I know of...former Seahawk Chuck Darby and Ernie Sims...thats not good.

Bears(4-12)
And the ugly....this offense might be the worst in football..I like the decision at the QB with Kyle Orton over Rex Grossman,but there isnt anyone to throw to...Devin Hester?..he's still learning the position..Marty Booker?....no..but on the bright side the defense is still sout but with the offense going 3 and out alot..look for the defense to be on the field alot more than the offense and it shouldnt be that way.

No comments: