Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Blurbs

Hadnt done this in a while..but I'll see if I can get the full rust off

Gilbert Arenas goes under the knife for the 3rd time....but this time just for loose debris in his knee...while the surgery wasnt super serious,you cant be happy with anyone going under the knife for anything..especially when its happened with the same appendage.They say he'll miss the 1st month but I've also heard around January would be the date he would be back.If I was a Wizard fan I wouldnt be worried about Gil's return on $111 million contract he signed this summer...I would be asking am I ever going to see a healthy Gil,Caron and Jamison at the same time?

So Josh Howard made some comments about the national anthemin July mind you)..something like this:

"The Star Spangled Banner’ is going on right now. I don’t even celebrate that (expletive). I’m black.”

Um..well...I'm not going to lie..I wasnt too offended with the comment...but I wasnt too cool with him at throwing "Obama 08" at the end of that sentence..he has nothing to do with any of this.Regardless I think before you cast him as a communist or a terriorist or whatever you're calling "non american" setiments) you have to use the fundamental way that our country has totally different views about itself depending who you ask.Would I be wrong in saying that black people in general have a different experience in this country than white people?...I wouldnt think so.But we live in a tech age(ie Camera Phones) so anything anyone ever says is liable to be recorded and on YouTube...I dont have a problem with people expressing themselves..just explain why.

Congrats to Ichiro on getting his 200th hit for the 8th season in a row(out of 8 seasons)...people dont know how hard it is getting 200 hits every year..while his averaged dropped to .313(still good btw) the thing that I was most impressed with was his strikeouts....he has strukout only 58 times in 151 games...thats amazing..

On the downside pitcher Erik Bedard is out 6-9 months with shoulder surgery..I was leery about him from jump..so I'm not surprised.

Also in Seattle....the Seahawks signed WR Koren Robinson who used to be there a few years back and traded for Keary Colbert...I personally was a Koren fan when he was there,he had a dropping problem but at the same time he's an upgrade over whoever they had prior at the spot.

Just as a note..I know people in Seattle are on suicide watch..its been a rough summer for those guys...Sonics are gone..Mariners are awful...Seahawks are sputtering...its not good.

Oh look...Tavaris Jackson has been benched by the Vikings in favor of Gus Frerotte...while I would like 3rd stringer John David Booty to get the nod here...I am glad that Jackson was benched.I had been calling for this since last year...when you have a good defense,good runningback and solid pieces everywhere else and choke away a 15 point lead last sunday...you gotta do something...in Jackson's defense he didnt play bad numbers-wise:

14-24 130yds 0 TD 0 Int

He didnt do really anything either..they went 3 and out way too many times in the 2nd half for me.

It seems that Vince Young has lost his job to Kerry Collins..ouch...the wide receivers seemed to get more involved last sunday..but then again...who couldnt when you're playing the Bengals?

I'll get around to Baseball awards later...

No comments: