Thursday, September 4, 2008

NFL Preview(NFC East)

NFC East

Cowboys(11-5)

By the slimmest of margins..I gave the title to Dallas...I think this team has the most talent and it should be carried out this year to win.I think the addition of Adam Jones should help keep safety Roy Williams off the field as much as possible and that cant do anything but help this team do well.Offensively Romo to TO or Jason Witten should be norm,but I think ability of Patrick Crayton will get them over the hump,because TO will get the doubles,someone else will need to step up their game.Marion Barber is the guy everyone is raving about but I think he'll be less effective this year,I feel his running style for his body isnt a good mix..and he'll get the bulk of the carries where Julius Jones could have helped out.Felix Jones is a good backup but I dont think he'll pay dividends like he should in his 1st year.Give him time.

Eagles(10-6)

I really like this team...alot...IF Donovan McNabb is healthy...if he isnt...eliminate this record...but I'll go with that he is...if there is any team who has had success with "no name" talent other than the Patriots..its the Eagles..Other than McNabb and )do everything running back) Brian Westbrook,it will be offense by committee.Rookie DeSean Jackson,Hank Baskett and Reggie Brown will have to be the threats on the outside and I think that could be enough if Reggie can do his part,he was in danger of losing his job last year,but Kevin Curtis is out with a hernia so he'll have to do for now.This defense is a standout with a trio(yes,trio) of pro bowl caliber cornerbacks...Sheldon Brown,Asante Samuel and Lito Sheppard are going to cause alot of problems for offenses..now add Brian Dawkins and Trent Cole..and you have the potential for an elite defense.That is if like McNabb,everyone stays relatively healthy.

Giants(9-7)

I'm not sold on Eli Manning...still lol...and I feel terrible about it...you dont outduel "The Great" Tom Brady for a super bowl and get nothing...but eh..I think I'm more sour on the defense and who isnt there this year than I am about Eli and his streaky play.The defense has lost Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora while others have walked from the team via free agency...but the secondary isnt that bad with small upgrades..but I feel the offense is going to have to carry this team and I dont know if Eli can..yet..sorry.

Redskins(8-8)

The only reason I dont have my home team(from Virginia) higher is because of Jason Campbell...I like him..but he's had a different system every year...that cant happen with a young QB.This team is maybe 2nd to Dallas in terms of talent..maybe even more..but something is always up..injury..something..to hold them back.Hopefully the team doesnt give up on Campbell early and go with Todd Collins,even though the team did that last year and made it to the playoffs...wait a minute.....

No comments: